If you have reached this page from an outside source such as an Internet Search or forum
referral, please note that this page (the one you just landed on) is an
archive containing articles on
from a Blogger named Infymus. This website,
- is a blog belonging to INFYMUS. Click "MAIN" on the Main Menu to see current blogs.
A house design utility for RUNUO Server Emulator.
| House Designer r3 has been released:
I've released the third version of my house design utility, and Ultima Online SDK (Ultima.dll). You
can download it here: http://www.runuo.com/housebuilder_r3.zip
Like all of my other applications, this one requires the .NET framework, which is available in the downloads section.
This utility allows you to design houses in a very similar manner to the Age of Shadows designer. It's not complete, there's still
a few tiles to add, saving/loading needs to be a bit smoother, and the tile placement interface needs some tweaks.
The above zip file contains an example building (24x24 tiles) named "New Design.uoh". You can load that by
starting UltimaHouseBuilder.exe and going to "File | Load Design".
The third version contains the following modifications:
The second version contains the following modifications:
- Ability to add multiple tiles in one motion is no longer activiated by shift, it's just by dragging
- The house location can now be changed with Shift+Drag
- Graphics moved to their own directory: Intermal/Graphics/
- Tilesets (everything in the toolbox) is no longer hardcoded: Internal/Toolbox.xml
- More tiles available
As mentioned above, the utility uses an Ultima Online Software Development Kit (SDK), which is a .NET class library for interacting with the UO client/datafiles. The SDK currently supports:
- Ability to add multiple tiles in one motion: Shift+Drag
- More tiles available
- Efficient save file format
- Sorting, so placing land tiles under walls is displayed properly
- Maximum building size is 32x32, up from 24x24
- Support for exporting the building in a text-based format
- Two ingame build options: (requires RunUO beta15)
- Build: sends tile commands to the client, constructing the building where you are standing
- Build Quick: copies tile commands to the clipboard, which can be pasted into a Krrios' UO client
- Item graphics
- Terrain graphics
- Texture graphics (stretched terrain)
- Gump graphics
- Radar display and map reading: statics and mapdifs supported, so you can have Trammel, Felucca, and Ilshenar displays
- Client interaction: checking if the client is running, sending text commands, setting client focus, retreiving player XYZ location
© 2006-2012 |
ENTIRE site, including all TEXT and PICTURES are copyrighted. Under NO circumstances may ANY portion be used without Author's EXPRESS permission.